Senior Android Engineer
Who we are
At Fleksy we believe the future will be one where switching between apps on your mobile will be a thing of the past. Our mission is simple: revolutionise the way we type and interact with our mobile devices.
We are looking for a new member to join our Engineering team. As an Android Manager your work will impact an app used by hundreds of thousands of people all over the world. By joining Fleksy you will:
- Work from sunny Barcelona within a small entrepreneurial team
- Share your skills and experience with the company.
- Contribute actively to our roadmap and processes with new ideas.
- Help us develop the next big thing in mobile interaction.
- Contribute to and implement new features for Fleksy
- Improving stability and performance of Fleksy by profiling, analysing the logs and troubleshooting tools
- Work closely with Product, UX, and API teams to analyse requirements and product specifications and provide your own thoughts and ideas on how to create a world class experience
- Option to be rewarded with stock options
- Access to our vast network of mentors and advisors
- Great office space in the beautiful, active and multicultural neighborhood of Gràcia in the center of Barcelona
- Weekly team lunch
- Free coffee and occasional goodies
- At least 2 years experience in Android development
- Use of Android Studio and Java/Kotlin
- You have shipped multiple Android titles and can provide samples of your work
- Knowledge in Android UI design principles and intuitive, delightful interfaces
- Ability to write clean, maintainable code and thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in areas out of your comfort zone and learn quickly
- Experience working with Git environments
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Great team worker
- Great communicator
- Structured and autonomous
- Confident communicator in English
Nice to have
- Algorithms and data structures
- Application performance and tuning
- Data-oriented development skills (analytics, A/B testing, Unit Testing, etc.)
- Start-up mentality and ability to adapt to fast changing requirements/goals