R&D Manager - NLP Engineer
Who we are
At Fleksy we believe the future will be one where switching between apps on your mobile will be a thing of the past. Our mission is simple: revolutionise the way we type and interact with our mobile devices.
We are looking for a new member to join our R&D team. As a R&D Manager - NLP Engineer your work will impact an app used by hundreds of thousands of people all over the world. By joining Fleksy you will:
- Work from sunny Barcelona within a small entrepreneurial team
- Share your skills and experience with the company.
- Contribute actively to our roadmap and processes with new ideas.
- Help us develop the next big thing in mobile interaction.
- Manage R&D team of two NLP engineers.
- Plan and lead R&D efforts in the following areas: Multilingual spelling correction algorithms for mobile devices, sentiment analysis, user profiling and intent classification.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.
- Work closely with a product engineering team to identify and answer important product questions.
- Answer product questions by using appropriate statistical techniques on available data.
- Communicate findings to product managers and engineers.
- Analyse and interpret the results of product experiments.
- Develop best practices for instrumentation and experimentation and communicate those to product engineering teams
- Option to be rewarded with stock options
- Access to our vast network of mentors and advisors
- Great office space in the beautiful, active and multicultural neighbourhood of Gràcia in the center of Barcelona
- Weekly team lunch
- Free coffee and occasional goodies
- PhD in computational linguistics, artificial intelligence or related technical field.
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Excited to apply artificial intelligence methods and algorithms on resource limited devices.
- Working permit in the EU.
- Fluency with Python.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks: Sci-Kit, Torch.
- Experience with NLP frameworks: NLTK, CoreNLP, OpenNLP.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks. Tensorflow, PyTorch or Keras is a plus.
- Great team worker
- Great communicator
- Structured and autonomous
- Confident communicator in English
Nice to have
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools is a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.).
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases, relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with ObjC, Swift, C++ or Java (NDK is a plus).
- Start-up mentality and ability to adapt to fast changing requirements/goals